[Xastir] ESRI shapefiles and dbfawk

James Ewen jewen at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 14 02:18:46 EST 2004

> If you have a properly set up "dbfawk" file for your
> shapefiles, you can get this effect by choosing "enable map
> levels" from the map menu.

I'm attempting to build a dbfawk file for the shapefile that I have.

I'm following along with Tom's dbfawk tutorial. I've figured out most of it,
but have not yet found out how to build dbfinfo. Yup, it may be a part of
the shapefile "contrib" directory... What the heck does that mean?

Give me some great instructions like the Cygwin install tutorial and I can
get this stuff working.

>From what I read, not only do I need to find out the names of the fields,
but I also have to determine the values used. Will dbfinfo help me determine
this, or do I need another tool?

Also, how do I determine whether or not dbfawk is enabled in Xastir? I don't
know if it's included in the standard cygwin install, or if I need to add it
in.

James
VE6SRV