[Xastir] Online Server Problem/Question

N1OFZ n1ofz at arrl.net
Tue Dec 14 16:45:26 EST 2004

Hi Curt and all,

I have retried my test with the same results.  The Linux box is SuSE 8
w/ Xastir 1.4.2 including AX25, Festival, GPSMan, ShapeLib,
ImageMagick, libProj, PCRE, Dbfawk.  The only way to get it back
running after it segfaults is to delete the selected_map.sys file.
This machine is a 400 MHz PII w/ 256MB RAM and 512MB swap.  Less than
5% of swap is in use and there is 48MB of RAM available.

I also reran the test on two OSX boxes and sure enough, as soon as I
turn on the radar the tiger map name get garbled.  I also heard from
Jon (NA9D) and he turned off the radar maps and the problem went away
there as well.

The problem is not a show stopper on OSX.  Everything else functions
without issue.  Maybe it is just coincidence and not related that my
Linux box has a similar (but more severe) problem with the radar map.
To me it does not matter as it only operates as a gateway and Xastir
server for my other machines.  For speed I usually don't select any
maps on it anyway.  But I wanted to mention it in case someone else was
seeing similar odd behavior.

Dana
N1OFZ