[Xastir] Online Server Problem/Question

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Dec 14 16:52:21 EST 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, N1OFZ wrote:

> I have retried my test with the same results.  The Linux box is SuSE 8
> w/ Xastir 1.4.2 including AX25, Festival, GPSMan, ShapeLib,
> ImageMagick, libProj, PCRE, Dbfawk.  The only way to get it back
> running after it segfaults is to delete the selected_map.sys file.
> This machine is a 400 MHz PII w/ 256MB RAM and 512MB swap.  Less than
> 5% of swap is in use and there is 48MB of RAM available.

I'm running SuSE 8.1 at home, but don't use the radar map as I'm on
a slow dial-up there.  Sure wish I could test it with that system
though.  Maybe I'll give it a shot some late-night soon to see if I
get similar results.

> I also reran the test on two OSX boxes and sure enough, as soon as I
> turn on the radar the tiger map name get garbled.  I also heard from
> Jon (NA9D) and he turned off the radar maps and the problem went away
> there as well.

Does it do the same with the TXRadar.geo file?

I was thinking it might be a line-end problem on the Mac, but you've
now duplicated it on Linux as well, so that's probably not it.

At this point I suspect that it might be a bug in the ImageMagick
versions you're using.