[Xastir] Online maps not working

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Tue Dec 14 23:48:35 EST 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Mark A. Lewis wrote:

> It would appear that none of the online maps are working on my new
> Xastir install.

Which online maps?

> Connecting to first.aprs.net works, and I am connecting via Exceed, so I
> know the machine is on the network and can get to the internet.
>
> I fired up Ethereal and took a quick sniff and it does not even appear
> to be trying.
>
> I am sure I am missing something obvious here, but for the life of me I
> can't find it.

Check for an image file in ~/.xastir/tmp called map.gif or map.jpg
or similar.  Verify whether it is the type of map you were trying to
download.  Perhaps you have your Tigermap timeout set to low?

Verify that "display filename" gives you a good display of that
file.  That is at least a preliminary test that ImageMagick has
support for that image type.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer