[Xastir] How can I use SA captures from UI-View in Xastir

John Kraus kc4zgq at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 14 23:37:48 EST 2004

How can I use maps captured from Street Atlas using UI-View in Xastir?

The capture process creates an *.inf file with coordinates for a given map
of the same name that is captured as a GIF, or PNG file.  If these can be
used it would provide a very simple way to create useful maps that are very
quick to load.  If it can be integrated with the range scale function it
could simulate zoomable maps nicely.  This could be a good way to support
lower end machines and those without full-time connections.

This link will provide samples of the maps and *.INF file.

http://www.kc4zgq.com/ga1.zip