[Xastir] help with topo lines overlayed

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Wed Dec 15 02:30:58 EST 2004

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Jason Hitesman wrote:

>   Ok, I've seen the sample shots of topo lines overlaied on Terraserver
> imagry and other maps.  And I've read in the README.MAPS that this is
> done with SDTS data.  There's also a link that suggests getting the
> "hypsography" but I can't find any such beast at the link provided.  I
> do find the National "Hydrography" Dataset.
>
> I have support for everything compiled into Xastir including GDAL/OGR
> but even after reading all the docs and some pages google found I can't
> figure out where to get the data files to do topo lines for my area.
>
> Any more detailed pointers?

Do a google search for "USGS DLG SDTS hypsography".  That should
find them.

They are DLG hypsography vectors in SDTS format.  You'll find them
in the same directories as the original or optional DLG files.  The
SDTS ones have "sdts" somewhere in the filename.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer