[Xastir] ESRI shapefiles and dbfawk

James Ewen jewen at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 16 01:04:37 EST 2004

Now we're getting somewhere...

Thanks to Tom's help in getting the dbfawk file set up properly, and one
test statement in there, I now have the roads displaying at various zoom
levels, and in different colours.

However, having the dbfawk file in place, it seems like the redraw map takes
longer than before. That makes sense, since now every element has to go
through the parsing before Xastir decides to draw it or not.

Now I really have to figure out how to separate the roads into major
highways for the whole province, and then smaller more detailed sections
that are more reasonable than trying to parse out a 40 MB file to draw a 4
square mile section!

James
VE6SRV