[Xastir] ESRI shapefiles and dbfawk

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 16 01:04:39 EST 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, James Ewen wrote:

> However, having the dbfawk file in place, it seems like the redraw map takes
> longer than before. That makes sense, since now every element has to go
> through the parsing before Xastir decides to draw it or not.

Yea.  If you enable dbfawk and it finds a matching file to go with
your map, it'll take longer.  One of these days when I find time
I'll go through some profiling of all the map modules and the dbfawk
stuff, find where the bottlenecks are, and code around them.  It
really worked well when that was done on the main body of Xastir
code.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer