[Xastir] APRS Client Usage Graph

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 16 10:07:59 EST 2004

Something I've been playing with.  Will probably automate this over
the holidays so that we have a live graph of current usage, but
right now it's a static image.  The stats were collected into
one-hour bins via a Perl script and dumped to a summary file.  This
was then plotted via gnuplot.

    http://www.eskimo.com/~archer/client_usage.png

Note that we are now #3 according to that graph, just edging out
APRS+SA in users/hour.  I didn't include other items such as
Tinytrak's, Kenwoods, Opentrackers, etc.  This graph is just focused
on the computer-based clients.  I'm collecting data for the others
as well, just not graphing it.

I went with the logarithmic scale as otherwise the clients at the
bottom of the graph get swamped out by UI-View and you don't get to
see any detail.  It spreads them out a lot more, but gives you the
false impression that UI-View isn't way out ahead.  It is.