[Xastir] Maps, Maps, Maps

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Dec 16 10:08:07 EST 2004

On Dec 16, 2004, at 8:34 AM, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> It'd be nice to add a feature someday where you could specify a
> bounding rectangle and a zoom, and Xastir would iterate over that
> area snagging a Tigermap for each tile and creating images and .geo
> files for each one.  That wouldn't be all that hard to do but would
> allow auto-creation of an offline set of maps.

I wrote a Perl script to do this a while back.  the results were less
than satisfactory:  The maps were off where the sides meet by some
scaling factor.  In one example one if the cities (including about 2/3
of the incorporated area) appeared twice.  All roads were disjoint
along the sides and at the top and bottom near the sides.

In case anyone cares, I've attached the script.

-Jason
kg4wsv