[Xastir] Maps, Maps, Maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 16 09:34:40 EST 2004

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Dan Brown wrote:

> Having the .geo files generated at the same
> time the maps are saved, and or generated off of the URL's saved in the
> database might be something for the future.

We already have code in the Snapshots feature to do that, so if you
wanted to add it in, it'd be easy.

It'd be nice to add a feature someday where you could specify a
bounding rectangle and a zoom, and Xastir would iterate over that
area snagging a Tigermap for each tile and creating images and .geo
files for each one.  That wouldn't be all that hard to do but would
allow auto-creation of an offline set of maps.

For that matter, don't specify the zoom, but just the area of
interest, then have Xastir snag these maps for multiple zoom levels
and set up the map level properly for each set as well in the map