[Xastir] CVS & rtree

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Dec 19 01:50:32 EST 2004

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, James Ewen wrote:

> > > Where is this .cvsrc file? I searched for it, and can not
> > > find it in my Cygwin system.
> >
> > You'd create it if it doesn't exist.
> >
> > If you type this in a cygwin window, you should go to your
> > home directory, wherever that is:
> >
> >     cd
> >
> > Now create a .cvsrc file right there and CVS should use it
> > whenever you do a CVS command.
>
> Okay, I'm going to assume that you would put something in the .cvsrc file.

Yep.  In the docs what to put in there, so I didn't go into that.

> Would it be a stretch to assume that I'd put
>
> update -P -d
>
> in that file?

Look in the docs.  README.CVS and README.win32 have it.

> Is this file invoked by typing .cvsrc, or does update look for it when
> called?

All of the CVS commands will automatically look for that file in
your home directory.  It's a common type of thing for Unix tools to
do.  I have a lot of "." files in my home directory.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer