[Xastir] Georeferencing shapefiles.

James Ewen jewen at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 20 23:58:16 EST 2004

So, here I sit with a problem on my hands.

I have been able to determine that the shapefiles I have are not tied to
anywhere upon the face of the earth.

>The original "Blackfoot" files were created as dgn files (Microstation)
>by another person, without being geo-referenced. I imported them into
>shapefile format. The shapefiles are not georeferenced.

I guess that if shapefiles can be created using 'relative' coordinates,
there must be a way to tie them to a 'real world' location. I just need to
figure out how to do that!

James