[Xastir] APRS trip in TX

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Dec 21 12:20:07 EST 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, Chris wrote:

> Also want to thank Curt and the other devlopers for their work in
> making a great program better...

I'm just currently the most visible (read as "has the biggest
mouth and/or fastest typing fingers").

Frank Giannandrea got the whole ball rolling, giving Xastir the
whole look and feel it has to this day.  Frank's not directly
involved with the project anymore, but he's still out there as one
of our users.  Please thank him if you run across him.  Without his
work we wouldn't have _anything_ today!

Next on the list would probably be Chuck Byam, for making some very
good decisions as to how/where to host the project.  Because of
those decisions we got much more visibility and picked up several
more developers along the way.

The rest of us just patch and extend it a bit here and there.  At
least that's mostly how I think of it.  That's not to belittle what
all of the regular developers and contributors have done, but
to tip our hats to Frank for getting us all off our duffs and into
some interesting programming.