[Xastir] APRS trip in TX

Chris frisco at ar15.com
Tue Dec 21 11:30:42 EST 2004

When I hit reliable digis in DFW and Houston, I ran (Relay,Wide1-1)....

When I didn't get a respose south of Coriscana for a period of time, I switched to (Relay,Wide3-3) with no luck...

I'm definately open to suggestions if you think something different would work...(BTW, I did hit the TAMU digi once, barely...just south of Huntsville I believe.)

The track off of I-45 was on US 287...Palestine ARC just put up a new digi as of 12-18 and I was able to give the sponsor a good field test on 287 in and out of town.

On a related note, I noticed you can define multiple paths in Xastit (paths 1-4)...

Can anyone elaborate on intended uses and how Xastir works with mutiple paths?  I usually only use one defined path (Relay, Wide1-1)

From: Gerry Creager n5jxs <gerry.creager at tamu.edu>
Date:  Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:12:04 -0600

In light of the latest furor caused by overanalysis of ALOHA tendencies,
what path are you using?

73, gerry n5jxs
College Station