[Xastir] Need ideas for messaging changes

James Ewen jewen at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 23 20:52:27 EST 2004

Can we step back a little bit from this current task, and define the concept
behind the 'round robin' paths?

>From what I understand, if there is data in the Unproto Path field, Xastir
will use each of them in turn for each subsequent TX. If two paths are set,
every second transmission goes out via path 1, with the alternate via path
2. With all three set, transmissions go out via path 1,2,3,1,2,3...

So, my questions are as follows:

1) What would the suggested paths be? (Obviously every area would have a
slightly different implementation. Just in generic terms, i.e.. Local,
medium distance, long distance?)

2) What is the reasoning behind this implementation?

I have a good idea what the answers to these questions will be, but I would
like to know what others think. From these answers, I'll give you my answer
to your question, Curt.

James
VE6SRV