[Xastir] Christmas present: Messaging Fixes

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Dec 25 11:48:26 EST 2004

For those of you running CVS:  Try the latest code (committed
yesterday).  You should see a big step forward in usability with the
current messaging code.  The Send Message dialog should only pop-up
now on:

  *) The _first_ copy of an ACK reeived from the remote station.
  *) The _first_ copy of a new message received from the other
     station.
  *) A timeout of the outgoing message.

You can now send a message and then hit "Close" on the dialog.  When
something of note happens on that QSO, the dialog will pop up again,
and not before.

Audio and Festival alerts should occur on only the first copy of an
incoming message.  The calculated reverse path appears in a
read-only label now instead of the outgoing custom path field.  It
uses the round-robin paths specified in each interface->properties
dialog if you don't enter a custom path for the QSO.

I'd like to fix one more major thing, and a few minor ones.  The
major thing is to get the ACK return path to use the custom path
specified in the Send Message dialog (if one is entered).  Most of
the minor things are listed on the bug-list.

It might also be nice to be able to specify no path at all, which
currently isn't possible.  That's not on the bug-list or the RFE
list yet.

Anyway, enjoy.  Messaging is _much_ nicer now!  Merry Christmas!

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer