[Xastir] Dbfawk reload

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Dec 26 14:18:54 EST 2004

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004, Tom Russo wrote:

> Or wait 5 hours for anon cvs to catch up with development cvs.
>
> I just slammed in an utterly trivial hack that causes stored dbfawk signatures
> to be flushed when "add new maps" or "reindex all maps" is chosen.  When you
> do your cvs update, if map_shp.c contains "clear_dbfawk_sigs" then you have
> the fix.
>
> Once you have it you can do your dbfawk hackage, click "add new maps" and then
> force a redraw (Map Chooser->"Ok" would be enough) and all the dbfawk file
> should be re-read.

Very cool!

I added yet another messaging hack last night that schedules delayed
ack's to be transmitted at t+30/60/90 seconds if a repeated message
is seen from a remote station.  I might change that later to
30/60/120 to go with the decaying algorithm.

After some testing this morning I think I'm going to do another
tweak that gets rid of scheduled ack's in the queue that are less
than 30 seconds from each other.  Other than that little problem it
looks like this new scheme is helping to keep messaging going.  If I
had a better path out here on RF it'd make for easier testing.  Such
is life.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer