[Xastir] New user not loading online maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Dec 28 11:19:10 EST 2004

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, Clay Jackson wrote:

> OK - so I'm trying to change the user running Xastir (from 'xastir' to
> 'clayj'). I logged in as clay, cp'ed the .xastir directory, did the
> chown thing and fixed the config file; and for some reason, the online
> maps are failing to load.

Instead, I'd rename the .xastir directory to .xastir.old, then start
up Xastir.  It'll create the .xastir heirarchy for you.  Reindex
your maps and you should be good to go.  If you'd like you can then
kill Xastir and copy relevant portions of your
.xastir/config/xastir.cnf file from the old config to the new
(usually just the interface sections).