[Xastir] Maps problems.

Erik Jakobsen eja at urbakken.dk
Mon Feb 2 07:09:50 EST 2004

Hi.

I continue to get my .geo problem solved. On this computer I use Xastir
on a SuSE 8.2. I have installed Xastir on another computer. Its running
Suse 9.0.

I have the same problem, that I cannot get .geo files to be shown maps
in Xastir.

It seems like it is a common problem now, but I cannot figure it out
what the problem is.

This time I really want to get info on what can be wrong. This is the
information from the start up of Xastir:

xastir

Built-in map types:
       gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
        map   APRSdos Maps
        map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
        pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
        geo   Image Map (ImageMagick library, many formats allowed)
        geo   URL (Internet maps via wget)
        xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)

Should this be ok for showing .geo files.

--
Med venlig hilsen - Best regards.
Erik Jakobsen - eja at urbakken.dk.