[Xastir] Two stupid Q's

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 3 14:27:34 EST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Kurt A. Freiberger wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 09:01:19 -0600
> "Gerry Creager (N5JXS)" <gerry.creager at tamu.edu> wrote:
>
> > For RH 9, and ImageMagick RPMs of any flavor, the first step is, "rpm -e
> > ImageMagick" followed by 'rm -f ImageM*.rpm'.  Then, go snag the tarball
> > and install after compiling.  THEN, make sure you update
> > /etc/ld.so.conf, and rerun /sbin/ldconfig
>
> I did.  It now sees that IM is there.  However, I get the aforementioned error(s),

Which was:  undefined reference to "CompressImageColormap".

Here's the problem:  Somewhere around version 5.4.9 of ImageMagick
they changed from CompressColormap() to CompressImageColormap().

You'll find that in map_geo.c and map_tiger.c.  We try to figure out
the version of ImageMagick and perform the correct function call.

Now... Assume that the call in ImageMagick doesn't always return the
correct value.  You might try to compile in the wrong call.  This is
where we're at today.

Try a different version of ImageMagick, and make sure you're running
one of the more recent versions of Xastir.  You should be able to
skirt around the problem.

Another way of solving the problem is to go in to the source files
and change the code so that the other function gets compiled in.
Fairly easy to do.