[Xastir] PostGIS shapefile dumps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Feb 4 11:29:44 EST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Erik G. Burrows wrote:

> An example of the error from the pgsql2shp shapefile is:
> index_restore_from_file: bottom extent incorrect 74678400 in map name:
> Waypoints/waypoints.shp

You're off the edge of the earth:  There are serpents and dragons
there, so your waypoints are in extreme danger...

Xastir's world goes from 90N to 90S, and 180W to 180E.  These equate
to 0/64800000 and 0/129600000 in Xastir coordinates.

You've sailed lower than the south pole and recordded that fact in
your waypoint file.  Xastir won't take it.