[Xastir] map refresh

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Feb 8 16:44:43 EST 2004

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, John Place wrote:

> How often are the maps supposed to automatically refresh? I have been
> restarting xaster to get new plots to come up. Have station clear time
> set to 5 hours and station delete time set to 1 day. Had to restart
> xastir to get an object to go away.

Do you have packets coming in during that time, or have you closed
all interfaces?

If new data is coming in, you'll get that symbol/track data updated
fairly quickly, and within something like 30 or 60 seconds you'll
probably get a complete update of all of the symbols/tracks.

The maps themselves don't automatically refresh, as there's no
reason to unless you're doing weather maps or something.  You can
specify an update interval in the .geo files for those sorts of
maps.  Weather alert Shapefiles should come/go automatically as they
arrive or time out.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer