[Xastir] Xastir on Mepis - ttyS0 hard fail

Gale Wilkinson gdwrbw at ftc-i.net
Sun Feb 8 17:54:51 EST 2004

I have been doing some more researching and digging and am beginning to
suspect it might be some kind of hardware problem.  After really
watching the boot process closely I see that I am getting a "LSR safety
lock engaged" message for the ttyS* listings.  And if I am reading this
right this means that Linux is unhappy with my serial port for some
reason.  One thing I had not mentioned and probably should have is that
this is a IBM ThinkPad 570E laptop which is dual booting with Win2k.
Windoze seems to have no problem with the serial port (I have ran
UI-View with a KPC-3 with no problems so unless something has changed
since the last time I tried UI-View under windoze it must be something
about the uart itself.  Though I did run setserial and if I read it
right it appears to thing the uart is ok?  I will list what it says
below in case it means more to you than to me (not hard at this point!).

setserial -av /dev/ttyS0
/dev/ttyS0, Line 0, UART: 16550A, PORT: Ox03f8, IRQ:4
        Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 50, divisor: 0
        closing_wait: 3000
        Flags:  spd_normal  skip_test

  I will try to call you around 20:00 my time and see what we can come
up with.

     Gale