[Xastir] More wx decoding problems

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Feb 12 11:10:14 EST 2004

As I understand it, this is a problem with the protocol, less than
xastir.  Peet and Davis do the accumulations differently, as well,
making the info problemmatic.

In the "stuff" I'm doing, I have to look at 1-hr precip. changes, as
well as 3-hr, 6-hr, 12-hr, 18-hr and 24 hr.  As a result, I've disabled
that from the APRS feed I get.  The data I use comes from NOAA/FSL
(MADIS) via FindU and is flawed at that point.

73, gery