[Xastir] More wx decoding problems

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Feb 12 11:28:05 EST 2004

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004, Matt Werner wrote:

> I had commented a couple of weeks ago on the fact that xastir doesn't appear
> to show the 3-hr baro change as my Ultimeter 2100 displays it.
>
> I noticed yesterday that it has similar problems with rainfall.  xastir is
> reporting 0.20 inch/mid, 0.20 inch/hr, and 0.20 inch/day, even though those
> values are many days old now.  I know from experience if I exit xastir and
> restart it that the values will reset to 0, so for some reason it is holding
> on to old values.

Xastir puts the rainfall totals into 1-hour buckets, then sums up
the buckets to come up with the various numbers.  We had to do that
for some weather stations that didn't keep track of this kind of
info themselves.  It's certainly possible that for some reason the
buckets are not getting emptied when you flip to a new hour.
Perhaps the routine isn't getting run for some reason that does this
operation.  That routine is near the top of wx.c.

You could try turning on the weather debug levels to see what you
can learn there.