[Xastir] KISS TNC mode via Mixw problem

n2wsg n2wsg at arrl.net
Thu Feb 12 03:33:17 EST 2004

I cannot get the Serial KISS TNC mode in V1.3.1 or 1.2.1 to work under
Cygwin. It cannot open the TNC port via Mixw 2.11 unless it is first opened
up by UV-View (16 or 32 bit version). Once the KISS port is opened by
UI-View, and then UI-View is shut down, Xastir can then be started up using
the KISS mode to MixW. I tried this on W2K on my laptop with the same
results.

TRCVR - SoundCard - MixW - COM3 - MixW serial port bridge - COM4 - UI-View.
------- Works OK

TRCVR - SoundCard - MixW - COM3 - MixW serial port bridge - COM4 - Xastir.
------- Works OK only after using UI-View

http://www.mixw.net/faq.htm#q18

David
N2WSG