[Xastir] KISS TNC mode via Mixw problem

n2wsg n2wsg at arrl.net
Thu Feb 12 20:32:20 EST 2004

>> I cannot get the Serial KISS TNC mode in V1.3.1 or 1.2.1 to work under
>> Cygwin. It cannot open the TNC port via Mixw 2.11 unless it is first
opened
>> up by UV-View (16 or 32 bit version). Once the KISS port is opened by
>> UI-View, and then UI-View is shut down, Xastir can then be started up
using
>> the KISS mode to MixW. I tried this on W2K on my laptop with the same

> Does MixW use handshake lines?  If so, it is not per KISS
> specifications.  I suspect UI-View is setting your handshakes
> active, and then Xastir is leaving them that way.  Xastir doesn't
> mess with the handshake lines in KISS mode.

MixW does not use Handshake lines. RTS and DTR are always on. I don't know
if it uses XON/XOFF software handshaking. UI-View does send ^M, KISS ON,
RESTART into the TNC and 192, 255, 192 to exit the TNC. It also has a TX
delay of 400 msec, Tx Tail of 40 msec, Slot time of 100 msec and Persist of
64.

David
N2WSG