[Xastir] Tiger maps server - kaput??

Scott Ryan, AB8KN ab8kn at arrl.net
Fri Feb 20 09:12:22 EST 2004

Thanks for the posting.  I do have to laugh, though.

It seems that I just migrated to a new Linux box and in the process moved
from Xastir 1.2 to 1.3 and spent most of last night recompling all kinds
of things trying to get tiger maps working again - just like they did
yesterday before I decided to "play."  I guess there are two lessons
learned here.

1) If it ain't broke don't fix it

2) When pulling something from "outside" make sure the server is up.

3) Ok, a third: Ask the list to see if anybody else is having the same
problem.

73,
Scott