[Xastir] xastir and aprsd

Brian D Heaton brian.heaton at janusresearch.com
Tue Feb 24 08:55:37 EST 2004

Dana,

	I'd hook it up to he aprsd box.  This is the configuration that I run.
(at least when my antennas aren't down from an ice storm <G>)  This way
you can keep the aprsd/RF connection active whether or not the Xastir
client program is running.

	It may be just a personal thing, but I like to keep the server
processes (aprsd and the TNC) separate from user client processes
(Xastir).  That way you won't get into a situation where the RF
gatewaying goes down every time you shut down Xastir for upgrade or
such.

				THX/BDH