[Xastir] xastir and aprsd

Han Sytsma middenveld at tip.nl
Tue Feb 24 10:12:51 EST 2004

Hi Dana,

I have about the same situation here, instead of the ax0 device my APRS data
is comming in through a bpq0 (ethernet) device, comming from a local node
with many ax25 devices.
I did connect the ax25 device to aprsd, xastir gets its data from the aprsd
server as a internet server. In my case aprsd is 24 hrs/day on line. When I
start xastir on one of the machines it picks up the data collected by aprsd
for the last hour.
Secondly I coupled java-aprs to my local website, using aprsd to provide the
data stream.

This does not prevent you to use the ax25 device at the same time to xastir,
sometimes I activate the bpq0 device in xastir to do some tests, so aprsd
and xastir are using the same port at the same time.
If you have enabled tcp/ip through your ax25 device you could as well use
aprsd to provide the local hams with a aprsd info so when they log on they
get info from the last hour (depends on what you configured).

73 Han, PE1FAM