[Xastir] maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Feb 25 11:46:30 EST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Derrick J Brashear wrote:

> What's wrong with getting the raw data (I already have every year back to
> 1999, and I think 1997) and converting to shapefile? The raw data can be
> mirrored with wget; surely the conversion can be scripted?

Raw data would be good too, but it'd be better for the majority of
users to have something they can easily snag and use right away,
without having to download map conversion tools and run them.

Would would be very cool would be a repository that could be used
both for downloading and for online internet mapping using Xastir,
but the pipe might need to be bigger to support that kind of abuse.