[Xastir] Blue maps

Mike Markowski mm at UDel.Edu
Wed Feb 25 12:19:15 EST 2004

On Wed 25-Feb-04 at 1150 EST, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Mike Markowski wrote:
>
> >   - The tiger maps on my ultra 10/solaris 8 box have blue
> >     backgrounds!  When I disable maps, the background is properly
> >     gray as indicated in the Map/Configure/BkgdColor menu.  Not
> >     a big deal, but does anyone know why?  (Same goes for
> >     terraserver and toposerver maps, by the way.)
>
> Running 8-bit X11?  Have you run a color-stealing app on there like
> Netscape recently?

I'm using 24 bit color - here's the Xserver ps info:

root       313  4.3 22.316982469152 ?        S 08:10:27  9:18 /usr/openwin/bin/X
 -dev /dev/fb defclass TrueColor defdepth 24 -auth /

and I tried running xastir with the -i option just in case, but
no change.  Also, xastir is being run & displayed locally.  the
bkgd doesn't have a blue tint, like the FAQ mentions with eXceed,
but is pure blue.  The rgb of those pixels is #0000ff.

It's really not a big deal, though.  Just has me wondering.
I don't know if I have some X11 resource being used a default
or what.  But I grepped for blue in the various app-defaults and
nothing unexpected showed up.  I'll post a note if I figure out
where the blue is coming from.

	Thanks, Curt!
	Mike  AB3AP