[Xastir] Blue maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Feb 25 12:24:11 EST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Mike Markowski wrote:

> I'm using 24 bit color - here's the Xserver ps info:
>
> root       313  4.3 22.316982469152 ?        S 08:10:27  9:18 /usr/openwin/bin/X
>  -dev /dev/fb defclass TrueColor defdepth 24 -auth /
>
> and I tried running xastir with the -i option just in case, but
> no change.  Also, xastir is being run & displayed locally.  the
> bkgd doesn't have a blue tint, like the FAQ mentions with eXceed,
> but is pure blue.  The rgb of those pixels is #0000ff.
>
> It's really not a big deal, though.  Just has me wondering.
> I don't know if I have some X11 resource being used a default
> or what.  But I grepped for blue in the various app-defaults and
> nothing unexpected showed up.  I'll post a note if I figure out
> where the blue is coming from.

There are 2 or 3 regular Solaris Xastir users on the list, hopefully
one of them will feed you the answer soon.  I assume you've checked
the Xastir README and FAQ files for answers as well.  This might
have been solved before.

I _can_ run on Solaris, but typically don't.  Linux is the current
choice for me.