[Xastir] maps

Brian D Heaton brian.heaton at janusresearch.com
Wed Feb 25 12:45:59 EST 2004

Curt,

	I'm in full agreement with you here.  I think the best plan is to be
pretty granular about the shape files in the production process and
allow the user to customize what gets displayed on his terminal based on
his current needs.

	Its a lot easier to turn on/off display of data you have than to
locate, verify, load, and integrate data you don't have.

			THX/BDH

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 12:48, Curt, WE7U wrote:
> Unfortunately different people have different mapping needs.  I
> didn't download or care about school boundaries until we were
> thinking of moving because of the schools and I wanted to eliminate
> looking at houses that were not inside school boundaries of
> interest.
>
> In SAR, we usually want as much detail as possible, whether or not
> you might normally need those features for vehicle navigation.  When
> navigating on foot or via helo, it's important to know what all
> visible features are and where they appear on the map.
>
> --
> Curt, WE7U			    archer at eskimo dot com
> Arlington, WA, USA		http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
> "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown

Brian D Heaton
Senior Network Engineer
Janus Research Group
(706) 791-8342
GPG Fingerprint: C99E 3E9C E23A 4E47 46F4 0A77 3A45 CB65 9E19 5B0A