[Xastir] maps

tbaggett at jump.net tbaggett at jump.net
Wed Feb 25 13:08:56 EST 2004

Boy, you guys are *very* helpful. You're getting way ahead of me in fact :-) It is good to have some confirmation that I'm heading down the right path with these maps.

My intention is to process the Tiger map files on a per county basis, creating a series of shapefiles for various feature sets.

Based on this thread, it seems that it would be most useable, if there is approx one feature layer shapefile per Tiger CFCC.

Keeping the areas down to a county level keeps the file sizes small enough to load quickly, and managing multiple layers seems to be good for selecting the detail you want.

Tim