[Xastir] serial port error with serial GPS

Amanda K. Martino amartino at coe.neu.edu
Thu Feb 26 18:11:48 EST 2004

I have Xastir compiled with ImageMagick support on a P3 machine running
Linux Red Hat 9. I've tried using both serial TNC and serial GPS with
Xastir. Serial TNC works just fine. Serial GPS, however, gives me an
"Error opening Interface 0. Hard fail" when I try to start the interface.
I did run the chmod 4555 /usr/local/bin/xastir command when I compiled
Xastir, and my procedure for starting up Xastir is as follows:
login to linux as user capstone
su to root
xastir & from a terminal window as root.

I don't see how it could be a permissions problem, but as I'm new to
Xastir I don't have much to base that on except what I just described
above. As mentioned before, serial TNC works perfectly fine. Does anyone
have any suggestions as to what might be causing this? Thanks in advance
for any help.

~Amanda
capstone_aws at yahoogroups.com