[Xastir] New to list and Question!

Spider spider at rivcom.net
Sun Jan 4 17:18:30 EST 2004

Hi!

I am new to the Xastir List and no, I am not a convert, but want to use
Xastir on a Linux box I have running that just runs some small Perl Programs
for FireNet.  Planning to use it for the 437.1 Mhz Rx for Sapphire and
hopefully for PcSat2 downlinks.

What is the preferred mode to run TNC's with in Xastir?

I normally like to run in the KISS mode, but not sure that is the 'usual'
way in Xastir.  I am still reading the help files and I know NOTHING about
Xastir or Linux as a few of you can probably attest too!

Jim. WA6OFT