[Xastir] Not transmitting.

Erik Jakobsen eja at urbakken.dk
Fri Jan 9 11:39:46 EST 2004

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Erik Jakobsen wrote:
>

>>I have downloade that version now, and will install it.
>

> FYI:  That version was put out about 10 minutes ago, in between a
> couple of messages I sent to you.  Perhaps you'll be the first one
> running it!

Very good Curt. I have installed it, but have some troubles.
/usr/local/bin/xastir is owned by root, and so are the group. Think
that's wrong ?.

ls -al xastir

-r-sr-xr-x    1 root     root      1471580 Jan  9 17:30 xastir

Here's what I'm receiving running the xastir &

lajka2:/usr/local/bin # xastir &
[1] 11055
lajka2:/usr/local/bin #

Built-in map types:
       gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
        map   APRSdos Maps
        map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
        pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
        geo   URL (Internet maps via wget)
        xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for STATION_TRANSMIT_AMB in
config file, changing to 0
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for SCREEN_WIDTH in config
file, changing to 640
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for SCREEN_HEIGHT in config
file, changing to 480
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for SCREEN_LAT in config
file, changing to 32400000
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for SCREEN_LONG in config
file, changing to 64800000
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for COORDINATE_SYSTEM in
config file, changing to 1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for SCREEN_ZOOM in config
file, changing to 327680
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for MAP_BGCOLOR in config
file, changing to 0
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for MAP_DRAW_FILLED_COLORS
in config file, changing to 1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for MAP_LETTERSTYLE in
config file, changing to 1

Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for PRINT_AUTO_ROTATION in
config file, changing to 1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for PRINT_AUTO_SCALE in
config file, changing to 1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for PRINT_IN_MONOCHROME in
config file, changing to 0
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for PRINT_INVERT_COLORS in
config file, changing to 0
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for RAIN_GAUGE_TYPE in
config file, changing to 0
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for LIST0_H in config file,
changing to -1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for LIST0_W in config file,
changing to -1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for LIST1_H in config file,
changing to -1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for LIST1_W in config file,
changing to -1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for LIST2_H in config file,
changing to -1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for LIST2_W in config file,
changing to -1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for LIST3_H in config file,
changing to -1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for LIST3_W in config file,
changing to -1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for LIST4_H in config file,
changing to -1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for LIST4_W in config file,
changing to -1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for LIST5_H in config file,
changing to -1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for LIST5_W in config file,
changing to -1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for LIST6_H in config file,
changing to -1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for LIST6_W in config file,
changing to -1
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for TRACK_ME in config
file, changing to 0
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for MAP_CHOOSER_EXPAND_DIRS
in config file, changing to 0
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for ST_DIRECT_TIMEOUT in
config file, changing to 3600
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for DEAD_RECKONING_TIMEOUT
in config file, changing to 600
Found out-of-range or non-existent value (0) for SERIAL_CHAR_PACING in
config file, changing to 1
Error: Can't open display:

> Curt, WE7U			    archer at eskimo dot com
> Arlington, WA, USA		http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
> "Lotto:    A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown

Med venlig hilsen - Best regards.
Erik Jakobsen - eja at urbakken.dk.
Licensed radioamateur with the callsign OZ4KK.
SuSE Linux 8.2 Proff.
Registered as user #319488 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org.