[Xastir] New xastir

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jan 10 01:43:50 EST 2004

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, Brian D Heaton wrote:

> 	Once you downloaded the file did you get it untar'd/unzip'd? One
> command that will do this is "tar -zxvf whateverthefileis.tar.gz".
>
> 	Once you have the file opened you can change into the "xastir"
> directory it will create.  Read the files INSTALL and README
> completely.  If you follow them step-by-step and to the letter you
> should end up with a working installation.  If, after doing this, you
> have questions post them to the list and we'll all do our best to
> assist.
>
> 	Welcome to the club.

And once you do that process once, the next installation from
source, whatever the package is, will seem easy.  You'll really be
one of the linux crowd then!

Many of the people on this list have had extensive experience in
installing packages from source.  You'll get a lot of help here.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer