[Xastir] Yet another old-time thing...

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Sat Jan 10 08:52:51 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 08:42:27PM -0700, KC7ZRU wrote:

> Hehehe, maybe - just maybe I hold the DIS-tinction of being one of the
> longest xastir users that hasen't submitted a single line of code.

I probably have you beat there.  I think I installed Xastir within a
few days of Frank's first public announcement.  I had been tearing out
my hair trying to get aprsdos to run in dosemu and it came out just
when I was ready to give up.

IIRC, the only thing I ever contributed code to was K5JB's version of
KA9Q NET (now that goes back a ways) and it was really a hack, since my
programming days were spent with Fortran and I still don't know diddly
about C beyond './configure ; make ; make-install'.  Not that I can
program in Fortran anymore either--it's been nearly 20 years since I've
done that.

73, Bob N7XY
(Medicare-card-carrying OF)

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          n7xy (at) n7xy.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.n7xy.net