[Xastir] libMagick.so.5

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Jan 10 11:03:18 EST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Bryan Klofas wrote:

> I recently upgraded to Fedora Core 1. In the transition, the library
> libMagick.so.5 was removed from my system. I searched on the google for
> information about this problem, but I didn't find much.
>
> Xastir won't start without this library. I created a symlink from
> libMagick.so.5 to libMagick.so to get around this problem, but is this
> OK to do? It seems to start fine and run ok.

I'm assuming that Xastir was compiled on or for your old system
(before upgrading to Fedora).  During the configure/make process,
Xastir gets customized for the libraries that you have on your
system.

If you go through the

    ./configure;make;make install;chmod 4555 /usr/local/bin/xastir

process again, Xastir will get configured for your new libraries.
Assuming that you still have ImageMagick installed, but a new
version, you should be good to go.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer