[Xastir] New xastir

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sun Jan 11 11:58:00 EST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Brian D Heaton wrote:

> 	Yep, aprs.rutgers.edu.  Its down more than up.   AFAIK, the brothers
> Sproul haven't done a new set since then.  I use the TIGER shapefiles
> when I need the street detail.  Mostly I use the DRGs.

Another input:  I use the ESRI Shapefiles of the Tiger data for
street detail, and the USGS DRG's for topo's.

> 	I'm really looking forward to the GDAL/OGR integration.  That way we
> can use the raw TIGER files and the DLG data.

I'm taking a rest on the OGR stuff at present, but it will already
bring in the SDTS DLG files and the Tiger/Line raw data and display
them.  Just no colors/labels/varying line widths.  In other words,
it works, but it ain't pretty.

Chris is working on the GDAL integration.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer