[Xastir] Offline TIGER maps

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jan 13 16:59:01 EST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> Look in your ~/.xastir/tmp directory.  If you've got ImageMagick
> support in there (which you must if you're using the online map
> images), then you can turn on Snapshots and see snapshot.geo and
> snapshot.png get created.
>
> Those are your map and your .geo file to go with it.

Note that you'll have to rename each, then tweak the filename listed
inside the .geo file.  An alternative is just to create a
subdirectory for each set that has a descriptive name, and dump the
two files unchanged into there.

    maps/Seattle/snapshot.png
    maps/Seattle/snapshot.geo
    maps/Tacoma/snapshot.png