[Xastir] DropSiteManager startup problem

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jan 14 13:53:10 EST 2004

So far I've had two people report this problem on startup:

    attempt to add non-widget child "DropSiteManager" to
    parent "xastir" which support only widgets

Both people are using Cygwin on Win2000.  I've entered a bug report
for this on SourceForge and added several notes to it regarding
things I've found on the 'net where people have had similar
problems.

One person (Matt) has tried downgrading his Lesstif with no effect.
He then downgraded his Xfree86-bin, -prog, and -xserv, which did fix
the problem for him.

So...  This appears to be a Cygwin-specific bug at present.  It can
be caused on other systems due to the libraries being linked in the
wrong order, or due to linkers ignoring the order of the libraries
passed.

I'd like to hear from anyone else that is having this problem,
particularly if it's not on Win2000/Cygwin.  Would also like to hear
of success stories in fixing it.