[Xastir] DropSiteManager startup problem

Chuck Byam cbyam at virginia.edu
Wed Jan 14 14:02:14 EST 2004

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 13:53, Curt, WE7U wrote:
| So far I've had two people report this problem on startup:
|
|     attempt to add non-widget child "DropSiteManager" to
|     parent "xastir" which support only widgets
|
| Both people are using Cygwin on Win2000.  I've entered a bug report
| for this on SourceForge and added several notes to it regarding
| things I've found on the 'net where people have had similar
| problems.
|
| One person (Matt) has tried downgrading his Lesstif with no effect.
| He then downgraded his Xfree86-bin, -prog, and -xserv, which did fix
| the problem for him.
|
| So...  This appears to be a Cygwin-specific bug at present.  It can
| be caused on other systems due to the libraries being linked in the
| wrong order, or due to linkers ignoring the order of the libraries
| passed.
|
| I'd like to hear from anyone else that is having this problem,
| particularly if it's not on Win2000/Cygwin.  Would also like to hear
| of success stories in fixing it.

>From the LessTif FAQ

Application fails to start
Your application fails to start and you get a quite "sophisticated" error
message like the following:

Error: PANIC: no realize procedure specified for this widget.

or

Error: attempt to add non-widget child "DropSiteManager" to parent
       "xmfoo" which supports only widgets

We've seen this happen when the order of libraries upon linking was incorrect.
The correct order is :

-lXm -lXt -lX11

--
Chuck Byam