[Xastir] Davis Weather Station Preliminary Support

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jan 16 14:13:37 EST 2004

Bruce Bennett, KB8ROP, was kind enough to provide patches to Xastir
and a tcp/ip daemon which allow you to connect Xastir to a Davis
weather station.  You must be running Meteo and MySQL for this
scheme.  Please check out the new tcp/ip daemon in xastir/src/Davis
and the README file there to learn how to do it.

Who will be the first to test this and report back?

Latest CVS Xastir has the tweaks added to allow this to work.  It
may be a few hours before they appear on the anon CVS server.  Here
are the versions to look for:

    db.h 1.43
    wx.c 1.35

And of course look for the xastir/src/Davis directory, which has the
daemon sources and instructions.  Files in there are:

    config.h
    README
    db2APRS.c