[Xastir] Xastir post-install

Brian D Heaton bdheaton at c4i2.com
Sun Jan 18 18:24:22 EST 2004

Jim,

	Did you install something from and old tgz, a recent snapshot, or from
CVS?  If you've had an earlier version installed it sounds like you need
to run the migration scripts.

	Nowadays, (IIRC) everything should pretty much be in
/usr/local/share/xastir less the actual binary which is in
/usr/local/bin (default).

	The spew in the console window the first time you startup is normal.
It means you don't have those lines in your config file.  Once you get
it running and configured for your setup you won't get those since the
lines will then be in the file.

	There are also some additional warnings that can safely be ignored if
you aren't using the specific features.  I think its on the list of
fixes for the developers, but I don't know if they have gotten to all of
them yet.
			THX/BDH