[Xastir] festival problems

John Bennett jabennett at insightbb.com
Tue Jan 20 12:07:55 EST 2004

Sounds like the rpms are not for the same release of festival. What
flavor of OS are you using? Might be the rpm was intended for a
different OS than what you are using. If you're running RH9, it's in the
release. Not sure which CD, but #1 keeps popping up in my head. Keep in
mind that with RH, the devel packages may not necessarily be on the same
disk as the binaries. Failing all that, might want to try installing
from the tarball.

Of common interest to the group, I've attached the startup script I
worked up for festival. This works in RH9 and is compatible with
chkconfig. Should be compatible with other flavors of Linux, but you
might need to tweak it a bit depending on where the binary resides.
Although it's short, it is in tar format. Had problems forwarding
scripts "as is" through emails to a friend of mine (however, I believe
he is using a MS client on XP). Hopefully this will keep the email
client from messing with it.

73,
John Bennett
n4xi