[Xastir] Fedora Core 1 runs Xastir no problem...

Tyler Allison tyler at allisonhouse.com
Tue Jan 20 16:42:01 EST 2004

It looks like the RedHat folks have resolved the issues that plagued the
Xastir install (see INSTALL) with the new Fedora release.

I just installed a basic Xastir from CVS using the standard Linux
instructions and I was able to use the Fedora supplied RPMs for
ImageMagick, which was one of the pain points for us RedHat users.

The libtiff stuff is still broken/non-compatible so I had to fall back to
libgeotiff-1.1.4

Current install:

RedHat/Fedora Core 1
Xastir CVS (Jan 19)
libgeotiff-1.1.4
proj-4.4.7
proj-nad27-1.1
shapelib-1.2.10
ImageMagick-5.5.6-5 from Fedora RPM

Everythings looks to be working without having to do anything other than
the standard

./configure
make
make install